Thursday, September 26, 2013

Looking Forward

This morning I spent some time rereading my blog postings for the past couple of years. I was reminded of how faithful God ALWAYS is despite how circumstances might look at the time. It was a reminder that I desperately needed as we inch closer to a new season in our lives. 

We are six weeks, to the day, away from our next move. I have honestly loved our time here in Virginia Beach. The kids have made some wonderful close friends, received beneficial therapy, participated in a great co-op, and developed a love for the ocean. It's been a rejuvenating year and a half reconnecting as a family following Jeremy's year long deployment. 

Looking forward I can very quickly become overwhelmed with all of the things that are completely out of my control.  It's not that I dread another move, because I honestly enjoy the opportunity to experience living in so many different places, exploring a new area, arranging a new house, and meeting new friends.  It's that I, by nature, am a planner, and so far with this move there is so very little that I can plan. That stresses me out!!  

Little by little and time after time God is reminding me to trust Him. He DOES have a plan, and it's not just any old plan that may or may not work. God has the PERFECT PLAN for this next season of our lives. He knows exactly where we will live, what we will do, and how long this next season will last.....all waiting for His perfect timing to be revealed to us. He never fails us and loves us more than we could ever imagine.  

Trusting God with the details and waiting for His perfect timing does not come naturally to me. I often joke that is the reason God called us to the Army. What better place to teach me that I am not in control!!  So over the next few months if you see me stressing, help remind me to let go because God has it all under control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment