Sunday, August 14, 2011

Almost 1/2 way

Wow.  It is hard to believe it is the middle of August all ready.  I do have to say that I am very pleased about this.  You see this means that in less than 7 weeks we will have made it to the 1/2 way point of the deployment!  Which also means I will be seeing my Hubby very soon for R&R.  I cannot put into words how excited I am. (btw....the kids do not know about R&R yet...shhhhh!)

The kids and I started our new school year a few weeks ago.  So far it is going very well.   We have had new homeschooling neighbors move in,  found a co-op to participate in, and piano lessons starting soon.  It is shaping up to be a very busy and exciting school year!

Our biggest immediate news is our trip to visit family and friends this week!  This will be the kids first time to fly on an airplane, and my first time to fly "alone".  We are all very excited!!  I kind of impulsively decided to take this trip, and God has really taken care of all the details from the airline lowering ticket prices, having someone to take care of our dog Brandi, and medication issues with the kids.  God is constantly reminding me that I am not forgotten, and He has it all under control even when I cannot see. (Luke 12:6-7 & Psalm 139)   I cannot wait to visit with everyone!  I'm sure I will have some fun and interesting things to blog in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment